Friday 30 December 2016

Introduction


New year...New beginning...New imaginations....New thoughts and with all this, I have started this blog -"Essence of calligraphy". Because I want to create a trustworthy and inspiring place for all art lovers to find everything in the world of calligraphy. I am so happy that you are here to experience my experiences. You are most welcome to my world of calligraphy.

 My name is Rupali Thombare, and I work as an engineer in Mumbai,India. But my hobbies gives me a new identity of writer, poet, painter and calligrapher.

Like everyone, since my childhood, I came into contact with letters, then words, then sentences, and slowly the journey of these letters moved from small passages to long essays. At that time, good handwriting was the one which was easy to read and understand than its beauty. Among all subjects, I used to love drawing the most. I still remember, when I was in 3rd or 4th standard my mother received a complaint for my extra artistic handwriting.Don't know why, I used to add unnecessary loops n designs in my letters which used to result into beautiful curves that were very difficult to read and understand for teachers.Then somehow my mother succeeded in improving my handwriting in the manner my teacher wanted. In my ninth standard, I got my most favorite work in the class-decorating the classroom blackboard.With different colored chalks in my unique writing style, the classroom blackboard was looking different with new inspiring thought every day.At that time, I had some more idea about the bigger and beautiful letters with-spacing and line management. Over past many years, I lost the contact with pen and manual handwriting, as computers came into my life. 

Around 3 years back, when I attended an art festival, I saw the live demonstration of calligraphy by well-known calligrapher Achyut Palav.In a moment, I got amazed with the beauty of letters and their composition. But with my busy life, desire to learn calligraphy was lost in my mind. Recently few months back, once again, calligraphy entered in my life in the form of a calligraphy book which I downloaded from internet.As expected, I didn't understand it very much. But my interest in that field was definitely increased. And with that kick, I bought a complete calligraphy kit. With a great curiosity I held the new pen in my hand, fill the cartridges and tried my hand on the paper with the help of given manual. Something exciting I can scribble on the paper but it was not the way I wanted. Sometimes I was frustrated when pen the was not working in a good manner or when the outcome was not as I had expected.

Recently 2 months ago, I came across a mail from 'Achyut Palav - school of calligraphy' about the new weekend batch starting- for basic calligraphy, and my heart pulled me to the school which has become the best part of my life. While learning basic strokes, basic letter forms, and then addition of floriks, I started falling in love with this form of art.Calligraphy really gave me more than I had expected!! Out of curiosity to know more about this new attractive field, I started reading more about calligraphy on internet as well as books. There is vast information available worldwide.

So what will my blog contain? I will be posting new things which I will learn while collecting the information. And I am sure, it will be useful for the people who are keen to learn this attractive form of art. After learning basics, I am trying to explore more in this field through the sources available around me, with interviews of already established calligraphers, and will work myself to reach my goal of learning almost everything in calligraphy. After the grand success of my previous blog "umatlemani.blogspot.in" this blog is my next step towards making my interest something useful and empowering.Wish me good luck !!!


- Rupali Thombare

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Rupali keep going on ...love to read your experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Rupali. Keep going ... all d best dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best Rupali!! Keep posting! It's a great read for me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Good. Keep Going. Due to my mobile not working sometime in Nov & Dec. I was not getting from this group. But I think my mobile was ashamed of my spending 12500 by now, started automatically one day when I just tried recharging. Anyway I was also not visiting your blog since from another mobiles i was commenting on de/de-monetisation with groups shifted on other mobile. This group could not be shifted since I was the admin. But keep sending link of your new creations as well new poems on this group.

    ReplyDelete